Thursday, March 07, 2019

Tiny Therapist


Its her birthday today and she turns six. 

The most adored one in our entire family.  Youngest of the lot.   My sister’s daughter Nidhi.

Having seen three boys grow up in the family, mine and my brothers non-identical twins, Nidhi was a breath of fresh air for all of us.  She is a real bundle of Joy and a cutie-pie.

Most people who see us together, cannot resist mentioning our resemblance, mostly mistaken for mom- daughter duo. I call my niece  Nidhu and she calls me Vinsu.

A couple of days back, my sister couldn’t hold her enthusiasm in her voice, when she called me.

A HR recruiter by profession, my sister quit her day job at an IT organization after Nidhi’s arrival and became a work from home consultant.  Now she is looking at restarting her corporate career and is slowly making Nidhi understand that when she comes back from school, she may have to stay with a nanny until my sister returns from work.

Nidhi wasn’t happy.  Period.

The drama queen she is, apparently told my sister, that she will miss Amma, she will be scared if Amma is not home.  My sister thought she was almost successful in convincing Nidhi about this nanny stuff after long conversations and justifications ideal for a 6 year old.

Finally Nidhi has one condition.

Okay Amma, I will stay with which ever Akka you ask me to, but make sure you get me someone like Vinsu.

How do you like that?

My sister’s question to me “ How do I find someone like you Chechi?”

This is therapy finding its way to me.

8 comments:

  1. Ha Ha. You now have a new job offer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!!!

      And i will love it :-) :-)

      Delete
  2. Nidhi paapa - y go for someone like. When u got the original. Catch hold of her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)

      She will even be ready to relocate to Chennai. You dont know Nidhi pappa Gilsu

      Delete
  3. Awww.. that's so sweet.. what's with nieces and nephews, my sister'son who is just 11 is also my email buddy and it just melts my heart every time the phone rings and he calls me valyamma...

    I hope she truly gets someone like you to look after her.. all the best to your sister too.

    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried teaching Nidhu to call me Valyamma and she outright refused that. same with my nephews, they told me how can we suddenly call you Ammayi, when all along we have been calling you Aunty.

      nevertheless as you said, these kids sure can melt our hearts.

      Delete
  4. oooh, she is a cutie-pie.. my daughter wants to talk to her valiyamma all the time. She is even packing her bags and asking us to get her tickets to India.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh thats cho chweet. Yeah the aunts and nieces definitely share a special bond.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)