Thursday, February 21, 2019

All Agog!

There is no sweeter pleasure than to surprise someone you immensely like by giving them a surprise when they least expect it.

And that exactly is the purpose of this post.

So who is that I am trying to stun?  That you will figure out as you read on.

Gils is my blog friend from my virtual world. 

And No.  He is not the one I am trying to  astonish. 

But I have to introduce him in this post to you all to set the context.  He is a perseverant blogger with 1034 posts ( as of now) to his credit.  He is a voracious reader and writes about a whole bunch of stuff, like book and movie reviews, poems, short stories, plays (yes, that included), about IT his bread winning field and puts up a lot of his perspectives about life in general.   What I love about his posts are the pun and clean humor.

There is a new addition to the topics and that happens to be his junior and its amazing to see the world through Gils’ juniors’ eyes. 

Recently I was reading one of his posts about Junior being adamant about a green toy train and he was not convinced about any other coloured train.  After many attempts in many elite places, they finally found one in a pavement shop and he settled only when he got what he had in mind.

I still haven’t reached the person whom I am trying to surprise.   Context setting is still on. No wonder one of my dear ones told me, I am not known for coherence.  He really said that to me, amidst a fight. Now I know, why!

There was a comment on that post that said, If it were me, I would have asked for Ferrari 488 Spider. 

While at Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi, during our recent trip, I dragged J into their retail space which had an impressive collection of branded products and memorabilia and pestered the store guys to show me the scale model of Ferrari 488 Spider and here is the picture of my Magnum Opus surprise for you RAMESH! :-)


Post script :

1.  Ramesh, I didn't buy that for you because, they didn't have a red colored one.
2.  Gils, I couldn't find that post on your blog anymore, though I searched for it in your blog.

7 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww. Honoured, touched, can I find words ..... ? What can I say ?

    Thank you so much Vincy. The thought behind this is so humbling. I shall treasure this photograph and this post.



    ReplyDelete
  2. la la la la la
    na na na na na
    Singing happily Ramesh and yes, taking a bow gracefully :-) the one i learnt at theatre :-)

    And I am waiting for Gils comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.. How did I. Miss this one!!! This didn't turn up on the unread list. Humbled and stumbled for words. And btw... Me the likings this car as well. Renda order Panna vendithaan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally you read this post!!! :-) :-) :-)

      I really was waiting for the comment and for once i can say to you " Gotcha!!!"

      Delete
    2. And gilsu, do you have any colour specifications?

      Delete
  4. Feraari na Redddu thaan...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God, the store didnt have red coloured Ferrari's.

    I wouldn't have been able to afford even the scale models' imitation :-) and now its two!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)