My blog friend Rekha who blogs at Soul Searching days had done a blog marathon recently and she had done a post which is titled “ If I were having coffee with you…”
It looked like a nice idea to steal and here I go with her permission. :-)
- After all the mental turmoil and misunderstanding, my friend and I had a nice long chat. We, okay I, started off very defensively, but we graciously accepted our mistakes and that in itself brought in a lot of sanity. Most importantly we were willing to listen to each other. When something as precious as Trust breaks, it is difficult to put it all back together all over again but I guess we both after a long after thought and a month of pain and agony, took a first step in healing. World looks much better now.
- The advent season has started – this is the season to have fun and be Jolly. Holidays are coming up and I will get to see family.
- Due to the demise of our Chief Minister Dr.JJ, famously portrayed as Iron lady, our Marathon has been postponed. I was so eagerly waiting for it, this is a real dampener, but on the other side, we get more time to practice and improve our time.
- That brings me to a change in perspective that I am noticing right now about our late Chief Minister. The world( including me) that painted her as someone who was Greedy, arrogant and narcissistic now writes a Hagiography in her memory. Reverence for the Dead ?
- There is something that I wanted to write, but somehow could not bring myself to put down in so much words. J has moved to Cochin, on an assignment from his organisation for the next two years, the brunt of which I bear on my lone weak shoulders. While it is challenging to live apart after all these years, it is a difficult way to realize the value the other person added in your life, which we probably had got used to, over a period of time. Distance makes the heart go fonder. Yeah.
- Usually the first Sunday of Advent is when we put up our Christmas tree, but since the head of the house, has to come in and join the ritual, I have postponed it to this weekend and hooray this week, when J comes over, the tree will be up, wreaths will adorn the door and the stars will announce the season. The hubby is not very interested in the ritual, but family traditions need to be sustained right?
- While everyone is worried about the drought and the lack of rains, the pitter patter of the little rains that we have received so far does bring in a painful memory of the past and it does remind me of the last year's deluge when we had around 10 feet of water “INSIDE” our home.
- A friend of yore, and someone who had started off with me as a Fresher in the early 90’s, now settled in Trump land, is in town. We have been in touch with each other all this while and we will all get to see him this weekend at home. Isn’t that nice?
- The “No shave November” is over. So, I asked my Sonny boy, Would you please care to shave and look civilized? And his reply was this, Ma, this is “Don’t Care December".
SSo folks, whats news at your end? Enjoying the festive / holiday season?