Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Whats going on with me right now !!!


First things first…

I am on LEAVE !!! and guess what for a month. Can you believe that? For a whole month. Starting 12th March. First time in my tenure in Mahindra Satyam. First Time in 12 years.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am bonding, really bonding with my son. Probably after my maternity leave that I had taken for 3 months, way back in 1996, this is the longest that I am spending with him. And Ohhh.. I am loving it so much. I wonder if he likes it as much as me, but trust me I am really enjoying it. I love looking at his face and you know what he has a tiny moustache growing. The little sunno is growing !! There are times we disagree, there are times I get irritated with this indiscipline etc., but I am loving every minute of this.. The reason I have taken leave is to ensure he is studying !! I am also trying to feed him at regular intervals and am keeping him healthy.

I log in and check my mails very rarely. A couple of hours in last 5 days. Not that I do not have work, but my focus is Dennu now and nothing else.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard from Petula today. In one of my earlier posts I had mentioned that it is a blessing to have a friend with whom I share great telepathy. I think of her and she calls. Been thinking of calling her and giving her Dennu’s exam schedule for prayers and she called. And guess what from Chennai !!. She is in Chennai for another 15 – 20 days. Rosanna’s exams are on and she has come in to help. And she told me something, that really made me quite happy. She will relocate to Chennai for an year as Rosanna is going to write the board exams next year and she will definitely need Pets around.

She spoke to me for a long time today and asked me not to get stressed out. Felt good speaking to her. It’s a true blessing to have a friend to whom I can open up and speak !!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also accidently saw a mail from Jane, ( it landed in my junk email box) though a little late mentioning about Reshmi’s exams, Jane taking leave and wishing me and Pauline all the very best for our children’s exams. Jane, Pauline and me are friends from our Stella Maris days. Jane and I were thickest of friends when we were in college – we used to study together and were partners in all crimes of those days. We went on to do PGDCA together in Stella and only I got selected at Stella, Jane ended up in Aptech in Cathedral road and we continued travelling together for yet another year. Pauline was my schoolmate from Standard 6, but we were not great pals. We were classmates. In college we continued the same way – Pauline was the traditional types and didn’t fit into our scheme of things. Life has all three of us together at Yercaud at SHY and that’s when we really got close. We lived together in the the same place for an year and had so much fun. That’s where I met Pets too.

Jane was the first one to get married, then Pauline and finally it was me. We had children around the same time, I guess, and all three of our children Reshmi, Dennu and don’t remember Pauline’s son’s name are going for the boards at the same time. We are thrilled and praying for each other now. I remember we used to speak about meeting each other after 10 – 15 years with our hubby and children and used to blush at the very thought of that , then. I was the one who wanted to have most children and I am one who has just one. We all thought Pets would just have one and she is the one who has the most, three.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am continuing to go for Daily mass and these days I specially pray for the children who are taking the board exams especially Rachel, Jovin, Jayant, Reshmi, Pauline’s son, Nivetha, Thejus, Appu, Kevin, Akansha, Jennifers son, Kalpana and ofcourse Dennu. I sincerely pray that children who are really capable like Nivetha, Jayant and Kevin should be able to top the marklists, while children like Dennu should be able to score as much as they can. I am also praying that God should really guide these children to do well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love being at home. I talk to my plants as long as I want. I gape at my darling fishes as long as I want. No hurrying, no panic. Life is so smooth. I get time to pack Joe’s lunch with love. I get time to give Dennu the food he wants and the way he wants. I get time to oil my hair whenever I want. I take showers at whatever time I want. I don’t have to run for the bus. I can read whatever I want. I am energetic at the end of the day and give a big smile and hug when Joe comes back home. I like this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strangely I don’t miss office. I am at peace with myself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)