Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sermon, Friends and all else

The day began very well.  The Lord again spoke to me quite directly through the Gospel and here it goes.

Matthew 7: 7 - 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 "Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

8 For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

9 Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone?

10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?

11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

12 So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets.

What more assurance do I need?  I completely surrendered myself to God and let everything to his will?  The verses really touched me as last night there were so many doubts in my mind and the verse answered my doubts.  It was as though this verse was being read out just for my sake.

During the last five days, I had very few calls and as I said I had logged in very few times.  Today was different.  I had calls from some of my friends.  My favourites to some of my best buddies.  Some from Office and some outside of office.

Most of the friend calls were those that took a long time - almost everyone enquired about whats happening in my life, genuinely interested in whats going on with Dennu's studies and simple chats.  At the end of every call i felt so good, that these souls chose to call me and talk to me and find out about me, though I am on leave.

It was lovely to listen to some of their voices - like for example there was friend who just returned from Japan, the friend had  left the country on the day the twin catastrope of both earthquake and Tsunami struck the place and I was releived that this friend was able to make it back to India safely.  I remember going white with fear when I heard about it on Friday last while I was doing a session. The initial couple of moments in the call today, we called each other's names and just laughed. I felt the true bonds of friendship can be in silence too..  Just knowing that the other person is just there on the other end.

Or take for instance the last call from another friend - a cal that came after a very long time. As we were talking I was reminded of the Joy and Peace this friend brought into my life and I had actually missed speaking and hearing this voice. There are moments during these conversations, that tears well up, emotions choke and even when I am silent the other person knows exactly what I am doing. 

I dont know if any of these people know what they mean to me, or when I say it to them in not probably as many words, they understand the impact of their lives on mine.  Its pure joy listening to friends voices

So many times in life, when I am working I get so busy with my world of activities - like work and home and realise that the time that I spend for my friends is quite scarce.  I asked myself today how many opportunities did I miss in making a friend realise that I think  of them, pray for them or wish well for them.  I know it would make both them and me happy.  But how many times do I actually do it is the question here.  I resolved to spend some time for these 'true friends'

So I made up my mind to spend Quality time for Friend going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)