Friday, May 17, 2019

Terribly Tiny Tales

As a Leadership coach and Trainer, TTT meant only Train the Trainer until a pretty young girl, named Zarna whom I happened to meet a few weeks back, told me about terribly tiny tales. She is a PETA activist, a sincere vegan and an aggressive crusader of animals, environment and nature.

Its amazing to read these terribly tiny tales, some are heart wrenching and they inflict deep sense of emotions in the reader.   TTT is an attempt to cut the long story short, literally, and an attempt at saying stories in less than 2000 words.

By the way, am I introducing the concept of  terribly tiny tales to any of you? any fans around for ttt? Banking on you readers and your support, I tried my hand at it.   heee - haaw :-) so here we go !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don’t like anyone jumping on my bed, the aunt said.

But I am not anyone, I am family.  So you will allow me, won’t you?  The niece replied innocently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell us your secret about being so happy, a colleague wondered.

She smiled happily in the knowledge that only her pillow case has felt her tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The young child, who had just begun to speak, fed her fish. 

The grand aunt was excited.  Did they say "thank you" to you?  Asked the aunt.

They only have mouth.  They don’t speak said the wise grand niece.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
They both were in the same city, but couldn’t meet or talk.

She smiled, took a deep breath and sighed.  She was breathing the air that he was breathing too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
She poured out all that was troubling her.

He listened intently, brows knitted in concentration, pain visible in his eyes.

He cannot offer her any solutions, but that was just enough for her to ease the agony of her aching heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m yours.  You are mine.

They both repeated.

Are they? 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A pair of eyes looked at her from across the room.  She tried looking away – many times.

Finally their eyes locked on one another.  That’s when she drowned into it. And the smile never left her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The short hair irked everyone around.

Fashion many assumed.  Rebel some labeled her. Style icon few said jealously.

Only she knew the pain when long hair is grabbed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Her life was a clear stream, flowing in harmony  – with a definite purpose and a destination. Calm and serene.

Then he came along.

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Loved each and every piece. Can't wait to read more TTTs. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zarna, you read them and left comments.

      I am so glad you introduced me to them. Yes, I do want to write more.

      Delete
  2. Savitha7:04 AM

    Lovely, lovely!!


    Hi Vincy, have been following up your posts, but not commenting. This one, I must. We used to do 55 fiction 10yrs ago-telling stories in less than 55 words- and i was a huge huge fan. I am loving these short fiction. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TTT has given me two new readers, and both commented on the post. To a blogger, this is one happy moment.

      Welcome to this virtual space and I hope you will enjoy reading me. Look forward to your comments !!!

      And Yaay, you guys made my day with your comments.

      Delete
  3. Terrificly tantalizing tales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can I not expect the Gils spin on TTT?

      Aptly said.

      Delete
  4. Comment from Ramesh :

    "Yes my hand is up. You are introducing "TTT" to me. Hadn't heard of it
    before.

    Good try, but I like elaborate prose better. Words make magic and more
    words means more magic. I'm old fashioned - so will leave TTT to the
    millennials (hint hint - you are one too as earlier posts on the theatre
    clearly showed :))"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramehs, I have no clue why certain comments keep disappearing. But as usual you are thoughtful and sent your comments by mail. I am sure you know how much I look forward to your little notes on my blog.

    and yes I am so proud, that I introduced TTT to you - doesnt matter whether you are a fan of it or not. Millennial - me? Thats a title others the millennials have given me.


    ReplyDelete
  6. TTT, I loved each one !! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trying my hand at something new.

      Delete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)