Thursday, July 05, 2018

Heart warming Love

We all have little stories and anecdotes that fill up our days and lives – big, small, silly, significant, humorous, insightful, inspiring and probably some stories that we may not want to tell anyone. The list is endless.  Here's a little heart-warming one, I have got to tell you.

BTW,  Conveying anything comprehensively is a big challenge for me, anyways, I will give it a try.

Alma, J’s niece is in my life for the last 23 years.  We share a special bond, which has grown stronger over a period of time.  Anshu is Alma’s baby girl, an American Citizen, new to India, but pretty soon have got very fond of all of us.

I am in the process of making sure the new set of babies in our family call us by the traditional names rather than an insignificant Uncle and Aunty, meaningless references to relationships that we have lapped up from our erstwhile colonial era.  Quite successful with Anshu, she actually calls me Vincy Ammama – which literally means Vincy Granny.  I love the way she calls me Ammama, and also the way some eyebrows go up, as many in our clan do not want to be called a granny, especially women, when they are supposedly young.

I get to see Anshu rarely as she lives in Bangalore. Alma’s mom, describes how Anshu asks for me quite often, and recognises me from the pictures in their mobiles. Doesn’t it feel nice to be remembered by a tiny-tot?

She is a June born too and we celebrated her 2nd birthday recently and is just about beginning to make sentences and speak.  Last week, Chechi, Alma's mom,  tells me that Anshu has been taught a prayer which she recites everyday – it’s a simple, God bless Nanna ( her father) and Mamma and she lists all her father’s side people and Alma’s side people. Apparently during a recent  prayer, after she lists all the people that she has been taught to include, little Anshu says, God bless Vincy ammama, a name that she has included on her own.

I heard that and felt as if I melted into a mass of Jelly and plopped down like a large blob. You know what, I am still wobbling from all that unadulterated and immaculate love from a two year old toddler.

6 comments:

  1. Vincy ammama - that's the best love a toddler can give. Lucky you !

    Now we shall also sing praise of our "favourite ammama" !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha...

    yeah now you can't call me that - you know what we name ourselves. That's only for the toddlers. :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayashree9:19 PM

    Such cute love, Ammama :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jay. and I love the fact that you read my blog and commented.

      Satyam :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-):-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hey Shilpa thank you for reading my blog and commenting. These little joys are the ones that make our lives worthwhile

      Delete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)