Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Touching a virtual friend!

I was excited, to say the least. Like a school girl, I would say. I know I know, it’s a tad bit late for all those days, but still.

I was flying to Delhi and had plans to meet a friend. Hadnt informed this friend about it and was planning to call, as soon as I landed there. It will be a complete surprise for this friend.

And the best part was this friend was someone who I had met through my blog, a virtual space. Now in Delhi, we had common roots, from the land of coconuts and lungis ( now that a lungi is famous across India, after the Lungi dance).  We had earlier, sometime last year, connected up over phone and this friend’s voice was an amazingly smooth and comforting one, that I could easily relate to. We could go on forever speaking as if we were bosom friends from childhood. I had not thought of how this friend looks and it didn’t matter – all that mattered was that I will meet someone who had a special place in my heart and my life.

Strange how my blog friends have become so much part of my life now. Including the others I have not met. :-)

So right from the moment I left home, I was thinking about how this meeting is going to happen, ambiguity and absolute lack of planning, adding to the excitement.

The moment I managed to give directions in my broken Hindi to the non-english speaking and a slightly rude cabbie, I called up this friend. Vincyyyyyyyyyy came the reply.. don’t tell me you are here. And we went on as usual. The concern in the voice, the gentle admonition for not keeping posted about the trip, the long awaited meeting – I was falling in love with it all.

And taking into consideration the time constraints we planned to meet the next day. And this is the first time I was coming to this sector in Noida, no clue about the places and locations around and again completely unplanned. What coincidence, the office that I was going to from my organisation was just a stone’s throw away from the office of this friend. Our meeting was destined to happen.

My session was in the morning, and it went on well, and before leaving to the airport, I went to the office where my Virtual friend was working.

I could feel the adrenaline pumping when I was in the lobby and the receptionists were giving me a weird look, probably my wide grin on the face. Remember the school girl bit? Wish I could act my age at times :-) In a few seconds there was an equally smiling beautiful girl in front of me – we hugged and hugged and continued hugging. We pinched to see if it was true.. Yeah all in the lobby, and realized that we were being dramatic and moved out quietly. We spoke, we touched, we giggled, we laughed and sure enough didn’t get enough of each other even after 15 minutes. By any standards 15 mins is too less a time. From a school girl, we both got a couple of years younger and became little girls – She was equally cheerful as me.

I still remember the perfect eyebrows that she has, shaped like a bow, exactly the way poets describe a woman’s eyebrow, the glowing eyes and a smile that can illuminate the entire place. I am smiling as I key in this, the memories still fresh and alive.

Its more than a couple of months now and I am still relishing the gift, virtual world has brought to me.

Rekha, here’s to the wonderful YOU, the love we share and to the virtual universe that brought us together.

5 comments:

  1. Awww.. Vincy, thanks so much for this wonderful post, It was definitely one of the most beautiful and unforgettable meeting of my life and I still remember those 15 minutes , every detail, as you rightly have written, how we kept on hugging each other, smiling away and giggling and those photo sessions... ha. haa.. it was so much fun and I can not thank you enough for taking out those 15 minutes out of your tightttt .. schedule. I am so happy and so thankful to the blogworld to have given me such a warm and totally down to earth friend, someone whom I feel I know from ages.. thank you for all your wonderful words about me .. and let me tell you .. you looked rocking yourself, the suit, the hair so perfect and so elegant.. thanks once again Vincy..heres to our friendship and both of us owe each other 1 whole day to be spent giggling and laughing and coversations that would never end.. lots of love.... Rekha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thsi post was long due.. i should have posted this earlier. You are so much part of my thoughts these days, and realise it is such a blessing to have friends who care and love. Thank you for being the wonderful person you are Rekha...
      I actually wanted to post our pictures together, but somewhere felt you werent too comfortable, ( though you didnt say it in so many words ) :-)

      Delete
  2. Yes, sometimes friendships through the blog world are incredible experiences right ? Like this special blog friend I have who is confident, successful, bold, aggressive, intelligent - proof that virtual can be as great, if not greater :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep yep, like the virtual travelling i did along with my blog friend recently. My first expereince, but an unforgettable one :-)

      and Ramesh, you literally pulled those words about me out of my mouth right?

      Delete
  3. Hi. I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Do you have an email address I can contact you on? Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)