Monday, January 21, 2019

Bragging about my Theatre ventures

The theatre group that I am part of, called Theatre Brats, when we  came up with our first ever show “ 7 tales at 7 “ as part of our graduation mandate from a Theatre workshop that I attended through EVAM at Chennai, had an amazing response and our show ran a full house at Alliance Francaise.

I can’t believe I told you the story about how I got into theatre so crisply.  😊

That reminds me, I had done something similar to a Monologue of a middle class woman, who suffers at the hand of her husband and how she solves her problems – by killing her husband in the end. J came down to watch our show and my play was titled “The final blow”.  After the show, he came up and asked me, if he should come back home with me or he has to leave to Kochi the same night. 

Our first show was on December 9th 2017 and exactly after 6 months, on June 9th 2018, the group got together yet again, with the same director, Hari Ramakrishnan, aka the brat tamer with a bigger and a better show titled “Six fable cart”   with 6 short plays.   This time we were doing 2 shows one at 4 and  the other at 7 pm on the same day.   I was playing the role of a TV show anchor, which actually is a spoof of a Vijay TV serial and the first time I was trying out humour.  And the best was Dennu, got into Theatre along with me, after all those rehearsals that happened at home and we both did the play together.

Infact, Dennu was definitely a much better actor than me.  You see it is difficult to teach a old dog new tricks.

On June 9th, Indian Express carried this article about our group and Ta-Da, my picture came in the papers! Yes. I am going to flaunt it here to you all 😊

That's me as Lalitha, in Final blow, after killing my husband Vikram.

This time for the Veshadaris show, I was only one invited from Theatre brats group, and on 5th January, as usual after my morning walk, on my way back, my friend Kuttan’s wife, Nancy calls up and asks, Is that your picture in the paper?  I hadn’t even looked at the papers then.

This time, The Hindu carried, my picture and was talking about the show. Wonder why, they chose my picture over the other 6 actors, I thought this was a very hastily put together picture of the psycho!

January 5th, Theatre brats were putting up a show at IITM park for the corporates and I could not join them due to this commitment. I was so excited and showed Dennu the paper and saw him taking a picture of it.  I almost thought he was so proud, and here is his Instagram status for that day.   



8 comments:

  1. Where have you been hiding all this time, milady ??? I didn't know I was reading the blog of a star. Brat ??? Perish the thought. STAR.

    Wonderful that you have such a serious interest in the theatre. Most corporate types are uni dimensional robots. Life is incredibly richer for those who have lots of other interests. Seriously, you are amazing - mom, corporate honcho, wife, actor, blogger, even truck driver (ha ha) .......

    When is your next day on the stage ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly the therapy I need. Look how you make me look so good in my own eyes. Very few people have the ability to see the positives and encourage others. I find this space so full of positivity and love, and wonder why I kept away from this space this long.

    As usual you make the novice like me look so fabulous, while it is actually people like you who are my role models. Truly lucky to have someone like you even read my blog.

    Taking a bow, Sir !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't committed to the next play. Its quite a bit of hectic schedules especially since I am in full day job. Rehearsals usually are after 7 and can go on till late in the night and exhausts me completely. May be in March I may commit to a play. :-) will keep you all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the Universe pouring into your cup so that it runneth over... lots of hugs and best wishes to you Vincy.

    To tell you the truth right now I feel like a proud parent... :)

    Looking forward to many more happiness and accolades coming your way...
    take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have every reason to feel proud. One if the shoulders that I put my weight to soar up. The shoulder that I can feel safe to rest.

      And thank you for being there.

      Delete
  5. Omg. Naan kuda edho cinema paaka ponatha pathina postnu thought! !! U the dramatist.. Bloggist. .and so many other ists! !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you can think differently like relating the title to a movie. You must be the real life Calvin or probably its creator Bill Watterson :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real life Calvin veetla iruku. Kannula veralavittu aatings

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)