Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Ushering in the new decade


This morning, a quote from Paulo Coelho caught my attention and it is something that I have been thinking about too.

“The first step to getting what you want is having the courage to get rid of what you don’t” – Paulo Coelho

What a lovely way to kick start a decade.  Purge all that does not spark Joy.  And that’s what I am going to do.

This year started differently for me with an entire day of rain.  Climate change is real folks, I have never had a rainy new year day at Chennai as far as I can remember. As always I was at Church when the old year ended and the new year commenced, thanking the Lord for the year gone by and to be safe in his arms during the coming year.  

Ramesh, my blog friend and ever faithful commentator and motivator is on a trip in my state, Tamilnadu, we are still waiting for his destination and the best is, he is doing it on a Montra Trance Pro. A BICYCLE. Can you believe that?  I couldn't. His travelogues are an education by themselves and I am getting a high just  reading them every single evening.  

My closing note for 2019, was on my therapy that you folks were to me, the process is still going on and I am going to need your support, this coming year too. 

Here is my wish for all of you,

May you have
Days when your coffee tastes like magic,
Sky so bright that it touches the soul in you,
Love so strong, that gives you the strength to accomplish
Courage to purge stuff that doesn’t spark joy
And Family and friends, who surround you with unconditional love

Happy New Decade folks. 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely wishes Vincy.. may you also have a beautiful and fantastic year ahead.. and special, magical most benevolent wishes for your entire family too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful wishes for me, thank you Rekha.

      We have to interact a lot in this virtual world.

      Delete
  2. Comment from Ramesh, via an email, while he is on his Cycle tour :-)
    That's the loveliest new year wishes I have seen. Wonderful. You really have a way with words when you write verse.

    I know, the rainy start was real surprise, wasn't it. But then perhaps its a signal that things will change all the time and our adaptability is our biggest strength. That's the way with everything in life really.
    Wishing you much happiness and joy and everything you want (never mind throwing our anything; we like our Vincy just the way she is)

    Ramesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really sent in a comment for me, during your trip? Lovely!!!!

      And yes, Change is always the only constant, yet we struggle with it.

      Thank you for your wishes and going gaga about the last lines of your comment :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy New year Vincy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are back and happy new year to you too

      Delete

Would love to hear from you, my blog readers!!! Comments, muaah's, likes and opinions accepted. :-) :-)